Welcome!

I want to know more about fragrance. I'm fascinated by it! I'm starting this site as a way to clearly document my passage from complete and utter perfume newbie to... what? I'm not sure where it will take me, actually! That's part of the fun, isn't it?

A little bit about me
I'm a writer and makeup artist. You may have read my beauty blog, BSB, where I have written about makeup, skincare, and even fragrance for the past few years. I'm also a mom and wife and a pretty decent napper.

My fragrance history
Just because I have reviewed some perfumes on my beauty blog doesn't mean I'm an expert. Far from it! Essentially, I am a typical fragrance consumer. Because of that blog, I have had the unique privilege of testing some perfumes I otherwise might not have known about. That has given me a peek through the cracked door of the fragrance world. I want to kick that door open!

I don't think I have a particularly good nose. It's probably average. That's why I thought this blog would be fun!

I am not someone who knows how to pick apart a perfume and discuss it like a fine wine. Nor am I a poet, like most fragrance reviewers.

At this stage in my fragrance development, I can identify some basic notes if I know they are there. I can't just sniff a scent and expound upon the jasmine heart and benzoin base. Nor can I identify a perfume on a passerby.

 
My goal here
In this blog, I intend to review fragrances, yes, and perhaps review them multiple times as my talent (?) develops. I also plan on learning about how fragrances are made, conceived and perceived. I will figure out "houses" and "noses" and "notes". What's a facet? What does civet smell like? Why are scents like Jicky and Chanel No. 5 and Joy so revered? I know enough to realize how little I know.

I hope you are interested in learning along with me! If you have suggestions, recommendations, pointers or corrections, please let me know. I need all the help and companionship I can get. It's going to be a bumpy ride!

xoxo
*jen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you chose to comment! I appreciate it. :)

Sorry for the stupid verification things I had to add to the Comment Section, but I am being bombarded with spam.